This Fairtrade Fortnight (24th Feb to 8th Mar), the Fairtrade Guernsey is running or supporting the following events:
• Fairtrade story writing competition for primary schools, closing date Friday 28th Feb
• Sat 22nd Feb, 8.45-10am – Big Fairtrade Breakfast @ Les Cotils (reserve your place – email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Sat 29th Feb from 7pm – Fairtrade Quiz @ St Martin’s Community Centre (reserve a table of 6, email: email@example.com)
• Wed 4th March from 7pm – free speaker event in partnership with Guernsey Overseas Aid & Development
Commission and Guernsey for Freedom @ the Princess Royal Centre for Performing Arts
• Sat 7th March 10am-12pm – children’s activity morning @ Guille-Allès library
• A Fairtrade lunch menu will also be available throughout the Fortnight at Hideaway Patisserie and Brasserie
About Fairtrade: The international Fairtrade system exists to end poverty through trade. The Fairtrade Foundation is an independent certification body and NGO which licenses the use of the FAIRTRADE Mark on more than 5,000 products which meet its rigorous social, economic and environmental standards. This independent label signifies to consumers that farmers and workers across 73 developing countries are getting a better deal from trade.
Today, more than 1.6 million people who work hard to produce coffee, tea, cocoa, bananas, wines, flowers, cotton,
gold and many other products benefit from Fairtrade, which campaigns for as well as enables a fairer system of global trade. Beyond certification, the Fairtrade Foundation is deepening its impact by delivering specialist programmes to help disadvantaged communities boost productivity in the face of challenges such as climate change.
This Special Fairtrade Fortnight Menu is available at HIDEAWAY Patisserie & Brasserie.
Many thanks to Stephen and his team for arranging this.
Please do enjoy!
Enjoy a great breakfast, share in fellowship and help to celebrate the start of Fairtrade Fortnight.
BIG Fairtrade Breakfast
Les Cotils Harry Bound Room
Saturday 22 February 2020
8.45 a.m. Finishing at 10.00 a.m.
Guest Speakers- Dame Mary Perkins DBE and Matthew Price, Chief Editor BBC Channel Islands
£10 for Full English and £6.75 continental.
Steering Group Meeting to be held on Thursday 16th January 2020, 7.45pm
at CAPELLES Community Centre (main church building close to Hautes Capelles School)
Monday 9 December, from 6.00 to 8.30 p.m.
In the Parish Hall.
You’re all invited to this great annual event from 11.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Santa’s Grotto for the children as well as a variety of other stalls, hot food, etc etc – also the Salvation Army Songsters coming to lead in some carol singing.
There will be a Traidcraft Fair Trade stall with lots of great Christmas gift ideas, cards, etc.
Fairtrade supporters, Festiva, are celebrating their 35th anniversary in January and, as a build-up to that they are holding their traditional Christmas Concert at St James. There’s limited seating and so early booking to 263930 is strongly recommended.