In the face of the global Coronavirus crisis, farmers and workers are playing a vital – but too often forgotten – role.
So this World Fair Trade Day, we’re celebrating their hard work. Join us in sending a big thank you to those keeping food on our plates.
Fairtrade farmers and workers are keeping shelves stocked around the world, but even more importantly they’re working to keep their own communities safe.
How fairtrade producers are helping – https://stories.fairtrade.org.uk/the-key-workers-beyond-our-borders/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=engagingnetworks&utm_campaign=++&utm_content=SC:WFTD+H+Ts
From preparing emergency food parcels to producing PPE, Fairtrade producers are helping some of the most vulnerable communities in the world get through this crisis.
Share their stories this World Fair Trade Day to thank them for their amazing efforts. Let’s make sure everyone appreciates these key workers beyond our borders.
A Guide to Ethical and Conflict-Free Jewellery
This guide offers lots of helpful information such as:
- A good introduction to ethical jewellery and conflict-free production practices to educate and help raise awareness on the importance of responsible and conscious consumer choices.
- The impact of conflict minerals and how ‘conflict diamonds’ fuel violence, widespread corruption, and use of child labour. How unethical mining practices contribute to the destruction of the local environment and the plight of mining communities world-wide.
- Useful tips and advice on finding and buying jewellery from ethically sourced and transparent supply chains. For example, buyers can consult The Responsible Jewellery Council’s website to find suppliers that comply with the best business standards when it comes to ethical production.
- Other resources and information to help you make greener and more conscious choices when it comes to jewellery and other precious minerals.
Our AGM on 24th March has been postponed in line with current advice on social distancing. A new date will be advertised once it is considered safe to meet. In the meantime we look forward to sharing some good news about Guernsey’s Fairtrade Island status. Watch this space and thanks again for your continued support.
Fairtrade Guernsey Steering Group
on Tuesday 24th March from 7.30pm in the Writing Room at Moore’s Hotel.
2. Approval of the minutes of the last AGM on 5th March 2019
3. Presentation of Chairman’s report
4. Presentation of Treasurer’s report and approval of financial statements
5. Presentation and approval of new constitution
6. Election of Officers
Everyone interested in working to make our world a fairer place very welcome.
New range just in to supplement the long-standing offering from Fair Trade pioneer TRAIDCRAFT…
Thank you to Guernsey Fire & Rescue Service for bringing out its shiny new fire engine on a drizzly Sunday morning to put up our banner. Great job! #FairtradeFortnight starts tomorrow!
HIDEAWAY Fairtrade Menu 2020
This Special Fairtrade Fortnight Menu is available at HIDEAWAY Patisserie & Brasserie.
Many thanks to Stephen and his team for arranging this.
Please do enjoy!